|Home||Macchi MC 200|
Macchi MC 200 Saetta
Click on the picture to hear the wav sound.
NOTE: RC AIRPLANES ARE ON THE BOTTOM HALF OF THE PAGE.
1. Nitroplanes rc Macchi MC 200 ARF.
The Macchi MC 200 Saetta design originated in 1935. By the time it was deployed in World War II, the aircraft was already being outclassed by more modern fighter aircraft.
The aircraft had a good rate of climb and excellent maneuverability. It had self sealing fuel tanks, and was rugged. However, it was under powered and lightly armed, with only a pair of 12.7 mm machine guns.
In addition to the fighter role the Macchi MC 200 served as an reconnaissance aircraft, bomber escort, and ground attack aircraft.
About 156 of the aircraft were in service at the start of the World War II. They were first used against the British over Malta. By the time of the Italian surrender, the aircraft were in use over Greece, Italy, North Africa, and the Soviet Union.
A total of 1,151 Macchi MC 200 Saetta aircraft of all types were produced.
1. The rc ARF Macchi MC 200 on sale by NitroPlanes. It has a wingspan of 63" and a length of 52". You will need a .91 four stroke engine for power. Ready to fly weight is 7 lbs. These rc models are very popular and quickly sell out. Check back often.
2. Warbirds kits has a rc Macchi MC 200 short kit for sale. The radio control airplane shown in picture no. 2 was built from the kit. Wingspan is 34 1/2". Power is by a CD ROM motor. Upon completion it should weigh about 18.5 oz.
3. A rc Macchi MC 200 built from Gus Morfis plans. Wingspan is 35". Needs a .12 to .15 engine.
I.M.P. Scale has plans for a rc Macchi MC 200 for sale. It has a wingspan of 83" with a length of 61". Weight is around 15 lbs.
4. A giant scale rc Macchi MC 200 built from RC Store plans. It has a wingspan of 80" with a fuselage length of 60 1/2". Materials used in the construction are balsa and ply. RC Store suggests a 1.08 two cycle engine. Upon completion it should weigh around 13 lbs.
You can find free plans for a rc Macchi MC 200 with a wingspan of 34 3/4", a weight from 2 to 3 lbs. for .10 to .25 two stroke engines at www.ultraligero.net/Aeromodelos/S/saetta.pdf.
2. Macchi MC 200 rc from Warbird Kits.
3. A rc Macchi MC 200 from Gus Morfis Plans.
4. RC Store plans rc Macchi MC 200.